- World Congress
- WSA World Congress 2013 Colombo
- WSA World Congress 2012 Cairo
- WSA World Congress 2009 Mexico
- WSA World Congress 2007 Italy
- WSA World Congress 2005 Tunisia
- WSA World Congress 2003 Switzerland
- 10 Years WSA
Expert Tasks and Responsibilities
The main task of an expert panel member is to provide nominations of the best multimedia products or applications from his/her country based on an objective process of judgement, according to the 8 categories and guidelines of the WSA. The eight products (one per category) of each UN member state shall be proposed by entering the data into the WSA online database. Please find more general information here.
- High expertise and several years of working experience in the fields of multimedia, content industries, and ICTs.
- Proficiency in English.
- Experts shall be very well informed about the WSA initiative and processes, prove high motivation and state a clear reason for their intention to join the WSA.
For the selection of the best practice examples from their country experts can choose one of the following strategies:
WSA National Contest, based on the WSA rules and procedures. WSA offers such national contests an extensive software package for handling the registration and jury process along with an extensive manual and contest hand book (see below).
A cooperation with an existing national contest, (adaptation of the categories or establishing a sub WSA contest is required). The winners in the categories become nominees for the WSA 2009.
Selection through a committee/board, established by the expert. The establishment of such a committee shall be reported to and approved by the WSA Board.
Personal selection made by the expert and based on an extensive experience and acquaintance with the local content market (for small countries and/or less developed economies only).