- Global Congress
- WSA Global Congress 2013 Colombo
- WSA Global Congress 2012 Cairo
- WSA Global Congress 2009 Mexico
- WSA Global Congress 2007 Italy
- World Summit 2005 Tunisia
- World Summit 2003 Switzerland
Spring in Cairo - Programme of WSA @ Cairo ICT
Word Summit Award will celebrate its Winners – 40 outstanding e-Content products and their producers – at the largest ICT exhibition in the Middle East from April 26th to 29th. We introduce to you a first version of the WSA programme to give you an idea of the opportunities that await you.
Read the latest WSA programme
- April 26th – 29th, Best in e-Content Exhibition: The WSA Winners
The Winners' Exhibition will be embedded in the Cairo ICT fair at CICC, Cairo International Convention & Exhibition Center.
Be prepared to explore and discover the industry’s latest trends and innovations in e-Learning, e-Health, e-Entertainment, e-Inclusion and many others.
- April 27th, WSA Winners' Gala: Celebrating richness and diversity in e-Content
The Winners’ Gala is the highlight of the entire WSA process and a unique opportunity to honour excellence and creativity in e-Content.
The 40 WSA Winners will receive their awards in the presence of Ministers for Communication from the region, CEOs from international IT companies, United Nations’ Officials and high level international guests.
- April 27th – 28th e-Content Conference: Sharing Knowledge & Innovative Applications
For two days, the WSA winners, selected from 460 products an over 100 UN member states, will present their awarded projects. They will discuss in panels, share their visions on ICT and their personal experience at the CICC, Cairo International Convention & Exhibition Center.
Each session will be thematically dedicated to one WSA category and be moderated by a member of the Grand Jury and other high level experts in e-Content.
Furthermore workshops will demonstrate how using and working with ICTs can improve the lives of many.
Meet our Panel Speakers at e-Content Conference
• Nawaf Abdulrahman, Vice President Internet Society Bahrain, Bahrain
• Adiel A. Akplogan, CEO Afri NIC, Mauritius
• Manar Alhashash, General Manager & Secretary General of Kuwait e-Award, Kuwait
• Suleman Bakhsh, Senior ICT Analyst, Telecommunication Regulation Authority, UAE
• Giovanna Ceglie, UNIDO Representative and Director UNIDO Regional Office, Egypt
• Reshan Dewapura, CEO, ICTA, Sri Lanka
• Alexander Felsenberg, Head of Marketing, Sapient Nitro, Germany
• Dorothy Gordon, Director General, Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence, Ghana-India
• Nibal Idlebi, Team Leader, ICT for Development, UN-ESCWA, Lebanon
• Chitranganie Mubarak, Programme Head, ICT Agency of Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka
• Armen Orujyan, Co-Chairman, UN GAID, USA
• Alfredo Ronchi, General Secretary, Medici Framework, Italy
• George Sharkov, Regional Manager, European Sofware Institute (ESI), Bulgaria
• Tarek Shawki, Director UNESCO Cairo Office, Egypt
• Ralph Simon, Founder, Mobile Entertainment Forum US, UK
• Mounir Tabet, Country Director UNDP Regional Office, Egypt
Don’t lose out on the WSA Events – follow our Live TV Channel!
The WSA Winners’ Events will be screened live by Youth Award Winners from 2010 What's up Youth "WupY". WupY will moreover enrich the Event with a Social Café and Twitter discussion.
So even if you don’t have the chance to come to Cairo: Find the WSA Event on What's up Youth Online TV Channel and follow exciting sessions such as UNESCO’s perspective on Media and Freedom after the Arab Spring.
Tweet and follow the World Summit Winners Events with #WSACairo